IC 1005 ROBOTICS AND AUTOMATION 3 0 0 100AIM
To provide comprehensive knowledge of robotics in the design, analysis and control point of view.
i. To study the various parts of robots and fields of robotics.
ii. To study the various kinematics and inverse kinematics of robots.
iii. To study the Euler, Lagrangian formulation of Robot dynamics.
iv. To study the trajectory planning for robot.
v. To study the control of robots for some
1. INTRODUCTION TO ROBOTICS 9
History of Robots – Classifications – Various fields of Robotics – Actuators – Sensors – Manipulators – End effectors – Application areas – Robot programming languages.
2. ROBOT KINEMATICS 9
Matrix representation – Homogeneous transformation – DH representation of standard robots – Inverse kinematics.
3. ROBOT DYNAMICS 9
Velocity kinematics – Jacobian and inverse Jacobian – Lagrangian formulation – Eulers Lagrangian formulation – Robot equation of motion.
4. TRAJECTORY PLANNING 9
Introduction – Path Vs trajectory – Joint-space Vs Cartesian-space descriptions – Basics of trajectory planning – Joint-space trajectory planning – Cartesian-space trajectories.
5. CONTROL AND APPLICATION OF ROBOTICS 9
Linear control of robot manipulation – Second-order systems – trajectory following control – Modeling and control of single joint – Architecture of industrial robotic controllers – Robot applications.
L = 45 Total = 45
1. Saced B. Niku, ‘ Introduction to Robotics Analysis, Systems, Applications’, Prentice Hall of India/Pearson Education, Asia, 2001.
2. Craig, ‘Introduction to Robotics Mechanics and Control’, Second edition, Pearson Education, Asia, 2004.
1. K.S. Fu & Co., ‘Robotics Control, Sensing, Vision and Intelligence’, McGraw Hill International Editions, Industrial Engineering Series, 1991.
2. R.D.Klafter, T.A. Chimielewski and M.Negin, ‘Robotic Engineering – An integrated Approach’, Prentice Hall of India, New Delhi, 1994.
3. Mikell P. Groover, Mitchell Weiss, Roger N. Nagel, Nicholas G. Odrey, ‘Industrial Robotics Technology Programming and Application’, McGraw Hill book company, 1986.