EC1318 MICROPROCESSOR AND APPLICATIONS 3 0 0 100
To understand the architecture and instruction sets of different microprocessors and microcontrollers and to design systems using them.
• To study the architecture of microprocessors like 8085, 8086 and higher versions and microcontrollers.
• To understand the instruction set of the above.
• To know the methods of connecting them to the peripheral devices.
• To use all the above in the design of microprocessor/microcontroller based systems.
1. 8-BIT MICROPROCESSOR: 9
8085 Architecture and Memory interfacing, interfacing I/O devices, Instruction set, Addressing Modes, Assembly language programming, counters and time delays, interrupts, timing diagram, Microprocessor applications.
2. MICROCONTROLLER: 9
Intel 8031/8051 Architecture, Special Function Registers (SFR), I/O pins, ports and circuits, Instruction set, Addressing Modes, Assembly Language Programming, Timer and Counter Programming, Serial Communication, Connection to RS 232, Interrupts Programming, External Memory interfacing, Introduction to 16 bit Microcontroller
3. 80X86 PROCESSORS: 9
8086 Architecture, Pin Configuration, 8086 Minimum and Maximum mode configurations, Addressing modes, Basic Instructions, 8086 Interrupts, Assembly levels programming. Introduction to 80186, 80286,80386, 80486 and Pentium processors.
4. PERIPHERALS AND INTERFACING: 9
Serial and parallel I/O (8251 and 8255), Programmable DMA Controller (8257), Programmable interrupt controller (8259), keyboard display controller (8279), ADC/DAC interfacing. Inter integrated circuits interfacing (I2C standard).
5. MICROPROCESSOR BASED SYSTEMS DESIGN, DIGITAL INTERFACING 9
Interfacing to alpha numeric displays, interfacing to liquid crystal display (LCD 16 x 2 line), high power Devices and Optical motor shaft encoders, stepper motor interfacing, Analog interfacing and industrial control, microcomputer based smart scale, industrial process control system, Robotics and Embedded control, DSP and Digital Filters.
TOTAL : 45
1. Ramesh S. Gaonkar, Microprocessor Architecture Programming and Applications with 8085. Fourth edition, Penram International Publishing 2000.
2. Muhammad Ali Mazidi, Janice Gillispie Mazidi, The 8051 Microcontroller, and Embedded Systems, Prentice Hall 2000.
3. Douglas V.Hall, Microprocessor and Interfacing, Programming and Hardware. Tata McGraw-Hill, Second Edition. 1999.
1. Kenneth J.Ayala., “The 8051 Microcontroller Architecture Programming and Applications”, Penram International Publishing (India). 1996.
2. Kenneth J.Ayala “The 8086 Microprocessor, Programming and Interfacing the PC”, Penram International Publishing. 1995.
3. Barry.B.Brey. “The Intel Microprocessor 8086/8088. 80186, 80286, 80386 and 80486 Architecture Programming and Interfacing”, Prentice Hall of India Pvt.Ltd.1995.
4. Ray A.K.Bhurchandi.K.M, “Advanced Microprocessor and Peripherals”, Tata McGraw-Hill, 2002.