EC1266 ANALOG AND DIGITAL IC’S 3 1 0 100
To understand the functions of various digital and analog IC’s and their applications in the design of electronic circuits.
• To get the knowledge about the important electrical characteristics and operation of different analog IC’s.
• To study the applications of the above IC’s in the design of electronic circuits.
• To get basics of digital systems.
• To study the design of combinational circuits and sequential circuits and thus to gain knowledge about digital IC’s.
1. OPERATIONAL AMPLIFIERS AND APPLICATIONS 10
Characteristics of ideal op amp, Virtual Short, differential amplifier, offset currents and voltages, Slew rate, 741 IC Specifications, inverting an non-inverting amplifiers, adder/ subtractor, instrumentation amplifier, voltage to current and current to voltage converters, dc voltage follower, differential dc amplifier, bridge amplifier, integrator, differentiator, active low pass, high pass and band pass active filters, precision diode and clamp, half wave rectifier, average detector, peak detector, log – antilog amplifiers, astable, monostable and triangular wave generators, Schmitt Trigger, analog multiplier.
2. PHASE LOCKED LOOP AND APPLICATIONS, D/A AND A/D 10 CONVERTERS 10
Basic Principles, Phase comparator, Voltage controlled Oscillator, Lock Range, Capture Range, PLL IC 565, Functional block Schematic of PLL, PLL applications – Frequency multiplication, frequency translation, AM, FM detection, D/A converter, A/D converters, Successive approximation, Parallel ADC, V to F ADC, Counter Ramp ADC.
3. NUMBER SYSTEMS 9
Binary, Octal, Hexadecimal, Conversions between Number Systems, BCD, Gray and Excess 3 Representations, r’s and (r-1)’s Complements, Subtraction using 1’s and 2’s. Complements, Binary to Gray, Gray to Binary Conversions, Alpha numeric codes, Boolean theorems, Minterm and maxterm representation, SOP and POS forms, Karnaugh maps, Tabulation methods, Logic gates – Truth tables, Realization of Boolean functions using Gates, Universal Gates.
4. MSI COMBINATIONAL CIRCUITS 7
Half and Full adders, Parallel binary adder, BCD adder, Half and Full subtractors, magnitude comparator, Decoder, Encoder, Multiplier, ROM, PLA, Boolean _Expression Implementation using these IC’s.
5. SEQUENTIAL CIRCUITS 9
Flip Flops – SR, JK, T, D, Characteristic equations, Excitation Tables, Design of counters using Excitation tables, Synchronous and Asynchronous Counters, 7490, 74161 Counter IC specifications, Ring and Johnson Counters, Shift Registers, 74194 Shift Register IC Specifications.
TOTAL : 60
1. Ramakant A.Gayakwad, ‘OP-AMP and Linear IC’s’, Prentice Hall, 1994.
2. Morris Mano.M ‘Digital Logic and Computer Design’ Prentice Hall of India, 2001.
1. Millman.J Halkias.C.C., ‘Integrated Electronics’, McGraw-Hill, 1972.