EC1216 SIGNALS AND SYSTEMS 3 1 0 100
To study and analyse characteristics of continuous, discrete signals and systems.
• To study the properties and representation of discrete and continuous signals.
• To study the sampling process and analysis of discrete systems using z-transforms.
• To study the analysis and synthesis of discrete time
1. CLASSIFICATION OF SIGNALS AND SYSTEMS 9
Continuous time signals (CT signals), Discrete time signals (DT signals)- Step, Ramp, Pulse, Impulse, Exponential, Classification of CT and DT signals- Periodic and Aperiodic, random signals, CT systems and DT systems, Classification of systems - Linear Time invariant systems.
2. ANALYSIS OF CT SIGNALS 9
Fourier series analysis, Spectrum of CT signals, Fourier Transform and Laplace Transform in Signal Analysis.
3. LTI - CT SYSTEMS 9
Differential equation, Block diagram representation, Impulse response, Convolution integral, Frequency response, Fourier Methods and Laplace transforms in analysis, State equations and Matrix.
4. ANALYSIS OF DT SIGNALS 9
Spectrum of DT signals, Discrete Time Fourier Transform (DTFT), Discrete Fourier Transform (DFT), Properties of Z-transform in signal analysis.
5. LTI - DT SYSTEMS 9
Difference equations, Block diagram representation, Impulse response, Convolution SUM, Frequency response, FFT and Z-transform analysis, State variable equation and Matrix.
TOTAL : 60
1. Allan V. Oppenhein et al, “Signals and Systems”, Prentice Hall of India Pvt. Ltd, 1997.
1. Ashok Ambardar, “Analog and Digital Signal Processing”, Thomson Learning Inc., 1999.
2. Douglas K.Lindner, “Signals and Systems”, McGraw-Hill International, 1999.
3. Simon Haykin and Barry Van Veen, “Signals and Systems”, John Willey & Sons, Inc, 1999.
4. Roger E. Zeimer et al, “Signals and Systems”, Continuous and Discrete, McMillan, 2 ED, 1990.