EC1213 ELECTRONIC CIRCUITS 3 1 0 100
The aim of this course is to familiarise the student with the analysis and design of basic transistor amplifier circuits, tuned amplifiers, wave shaping and multivibrator circuits and power supplies.
On completion of this course, the student will understand
• The methods of biasing transistors.
• Design of simple amplifier circuits.
• Advantages and method of analysis of
• Analysis and design of LC Oscillators, tuned amplifiers, wave shaping circuits and multi vibrators.
• Analysis and design of power supplies.
1. BJT BIASING & FET BIASING 10
BJT - Biasing - DC Load line, AC load line - operating point - Fixed bias - Emitter stabilized network - voltage Divider bias. Design of Bias circuit with emitter resistor, design of hfe independent circuit. Bias stabilization. FET Biasing - Fixed Bias, Self Bias - Voltage Divider Bias. MOSFET Biasing.
2. AMPLIFIERS 10
BJT Transistors Modelling - hybrid Equivalent circuit . BJT - small signal analysis CE, CB, CC amplifiers - FET Small signal analysis - CS, CG and Source follower. Frequency response of amplifiers. Compound Configurations. - Cascade Connection Darlington Connection - Differential Amplifier Analysis- Tuned Amplifiers - Types and Frequency response (principle only).
3. FEEDBACK AMPLIFIER 9
Feedback connection types - Circuit example for each feedback - conditions for oscillation - phase Shift Oscillator - Wein Bridge Oscillator. Tuned Oscillator, Colpitts Oscillator, Hartley Oscillator, Quartz Crystal Oscillator.
4. PULSE CIRCUITS 9
RC Wave Shaping Circuits - Diode Clampers and Clippers - Multivibrator - Monostable - Astable and Bistable Multivibrator - Schmitt Triggers
5. POWER SUPPLIES 7
Rectifiers- FWR - Filter Considerations - Voltage Regulations - Capacitor Filter LCD - RC Filter - Series Voltage Regulation - Shunt Voltage Regulation - SMPS.
TOTAL : 60
1. Electronic Devices and Circuit Theory - Robert L.Boylestad Louis Nashesky - Rourson Eduction Asia, 2002.
1. Electronic Devices and Circuits – David A. Bell - Prentice Hall Publications.