AT1403 VEHICLE MAINTENANCE LABORATORY 0 0 3 100
1. Study and layout of an automobile repair, service and maintenance shop.
2. Study and preparation of different statements/records required for the repair and maintenance works.
3. Study and preparation of the list of different types of tools and instruments required
4. Minor and major tune up of gasoline and diesel engines
5. Fault diagnosis in electrical ignition system, gasoline fuel system, diesel fuel system and rectification
6. Study of the electrical systems such as head lights, side or parking lights, trafficator lights, electric horn system, windscreen wiper system, starter system and charging system.
7. Study and checking of wheel alignment
8. Simple tinkering, soldering works of body panels, study of door lock and window glass rising mechanisms.
9. Practice the following:
i) Adjustment of pedal play in clutch, brake, hand brake lever and steering wheel play
ii) Air bleeding from hydraulic brakes, air bleeding of diesel fuel system
iii) Wheel bearings tightening and adjustment
10. Practice the following
i) Adjustment of head lights beam
ii) Removal and fitting of tyre and tube
TOTAL : 45 PERIODS
LIST OF EQUIPMENTS
(for a batch of 30 students)
1. Engine Analyzer - 1 No.
2. Cylinder compression pressure gauge - 1 No.
3. Vacuum gauge - 1 No.
4. Spark plug cleaner and tester - 1 No.
5. Cam angle and rpm tester - 1 No.
6. Tachometer - 1 No.
7. Wheel alignment apparatus - 1 No.
8. Gas welding equipment - 1 No.
9. Tyre remover - 1 No.
10. Bearing puller - 1 No.
11. Head light alignment gauge - 1 No.
12. Service manuals of petrol, diesel engines