AT1006 COMPUTER SIMULATION OF IC ENGINE PROCESS 3 0 0 100
To understand combustion phenomenon inside the cylinder and its computer simulation.
UNIT I INTRODUCTION 9
Introduction. Heat of reaction, complete combustion in C/H/O/N Systems, Constant volume adiabatic combustion, constant pressure adiabatic combustion. Calculation of adiabatic
UNIT II SI ENGINE SIMULATION WITH FUEL-AIR AS WORKING MEDIUM 9
Deviation between actual and air standard cycles of operation- problems, SI engine simulation with adiabatic constant volume combustion with fuel and air being considered, calculation of temperature drop due to fuel vaporization, calculation of mean effective pressure, torque and thermal efficiency at full throttle, part throttle and supercharged conditions.
UNIT III ACTUAL CYCLE SIMULATION IN SI ENGINES 9
Progressive combustion; gas exchange process, heat transfer process, friction. Validation of the computer code with experimental data based on performance parameters and pressure crank angle diagram.
UNIT IV SIMULATION OF 2-STROKE SI ENGINE 9
Simulation of the scavenging process, determination of the pressure-crank angle variation, computation of performance parameters.
UNIT V DIESEL ENGINE SIMULATION 9
Main difference between SI and CI engine simulation, differences between ideal and actual cycles, zero dimensional combustion model for diesel engine, heat transfer and gas exchange processes. Performance prediction and comparison of results.
TOTAL : 45
1. Ganesan. V. - Computer Simulation of spark ignition engine process, -Universities Press (I) Ltd, Hyderabad - 1996.
2. Ganesan. V. - Computer Simulation of compression ignition engine process - Universities Press (I) Ltd, Hyderabad - 2000.
3. Ashley Campbel - Thermodynamic analysis of combustion engines - John Wiley and Sons, New York - 1986.
1. Benson.R.S., Whitehouse. N.D., - Internal Combustion Engines - Pergamon Press, oxford - 1979.
2. Ramoss.A.L., - Modelling of Internal Combusion Engines Processes - McGraw-Hill Publishing Co., - 1992.