AT1001 AUTOMOTIVE AIRCONDITIONING 3 0 0 100
At the end of the course, the students will be able to understand the components of the automotive air-conditioning and their functions and the latest developments in this field.
UNIT I AIRCONDITIONING FUNDAMENTALS 9
Basic air conditioning system - location of air conditioning components in a car, schematic layout of a refrigeration system, compressor components, condenser and high pressure service ports, thermostatic expansion valve, expansion valve calibration, controlling evaporator
temperature, evaporator pressure regulator, evaporator temperature regulator.
UNIT II AIR CONDITIONER – HEATING SYSTEM 9
Automotive heaters, manually controlled air conditioner, heater system, automatically controlled air conditioner and heater systems, automatic temperature control, air conditioning protection, engine protection.
UNIT III REFRIGERANT 9
Containers handling refrigerants, tapping into the refrigerant container, refrigeration system diagnosis, diagnostic procedure, ambient conditions affecting system pressures.
UNIT IV AIR ROUTING AND TEMPERATURE CONTROL 9
Objectives, evaporator airflow through the recirculating unit, automatic temperature control, duct system, controlling flow, vacuum reserve, testing the air control and handling systems.
UNIT V AIR CONDITINING SERVICE 9
Air conditioner maintenance and service, servicing heater system removing and replacing components, trouble shooting of air controlling system, compressor service.
TOTAL : 45
1. William H. Crouse and Donald I. Anglin - “Automotive Air conditioning” - McGraw Hill Inc. - 1990.
1. Mitchell information Services, Inc - “Mitchell Automatic Heating and Air Conditioning Systems” - Prentice Hall Ind. - 1989.
2. Paul Weiser - “Automotive Air Conditioning” - Reston Publishing Co., Inc., - 1990.
3. MacDonald, K.I., - “Automotive Air Conditioning” - Theodore Audel series - 1978
4. Goings.L.F. – “Automotive Air Conditioning” - American Technical services - 1974.
5. Boyce H.Dwiggins - ”Automotive Air Conditioning” - Delmar – 2002.