EE1265 CONTROL ENGINEERING 3 0 0 100
To understand the basic concepts of flight control system.
1. INTRODUCTION 6
Historical review - Simple pneumatic, hydraulic and thermal systems, Series and parallel systems, Analogies - Mechanical and electrical components, Development of
flight control systems.
2. OPEN AND CLOSED LOOP SYSTEMS 6
Feedback control systems – Block diagram representation of control systems, Reduction of block diagrams, Output to input ratios, Signal flow graph.
3. CHARACTERISTIC EQUATION AND FUNCTIONS 10
Lap lace transformation, Response of systems to different inputs viz., Step input, impulse, ramp, parabolic and sinusoidal inputs, Time response of first and second order systems, steady state errors and error constants of unity feedback circuit.
4. CONCEPT OF STABILITY 15
Necessary and sufficient conditions, Routh – Hurwitz criteria of stability, Root locus and Bode techniques, Concept and construction, frequency response.
5. SAMPLED DATA SYSTEMS 8
Introduction to digital control system, Digital Controllers and Digital PID Controllers.
TOTAL : 45
1. OGATO, “Modern Control Engineering”, Prentice – Hall of India Pvt. Ltd. New Delhi, 1998.
2. GOPAL.M. “Control Systems, Principles and design” – Tata McGraw-Hill Publication, New Delhi, 2000.
1. Azzo, J.J.D. and C.H. Houpis, “Feed back control system analysis and synthesis”, McGraw – Hill International, 3rd Edition, 1998.
2. Kuo, B.C., “Automatic control systems”, Prentice – Hall of India Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi, 1998.
3. Houpis, C.H. and Lamont, G.B., “Digital Control Systems”, McGraw-Hill Book Co. New York, USA 1995.
4. Naresh K. Sinha, “Control Systems”, New Age International Publishers, New Delhi.